Sublette Village Board discusses upcoming events and projects
By BRANDON LaCHANCE
SUBLETTE – The Sublette Village Board met Nov. 13 with a long agenda sheet.
In his president's report, John Stenzel read a letter from Lee County Tourism about the organization dissolving. In the letter, it told the Village of Sublette thank you for its many years of being a participant.
The tourism group was dissolved because the Lee County Board made the decision for the funds, hotel/motel taxes, to go to the City of Dixon.
Also in the report, Sublette Antique Tractor donated $500 to Sublette for the use of tables and chairs and there was talk of setting a date for the next Comprehensive Plan meeting, but a date wasn't made official. There was a meeting on Sept. 21 and two or three more will be needed before the plan can be passed.
From now until the Dec. 3 (the Christmas Walk), the Village of Sublette is holding a Coat & Hat Drive. Hats, coats, gloves, and other winter gear for ages of preschool-junior high children can be dropped off at Vaessen Brothers Chevrolet or Local Cup & Cake.
The Christmas Walk & Parade was discussed as it will be held Dec. 3. The next village meeting will be Dec. 11 and the Christmas Decorating Contest is set for Dec. 16.
Village Economic Development Coordinator Don Dinges and Trustee Julie Kessel have almost completed the community calendar for 2024, but need to fill a couple more dates before it's official.
In other news:
- Two Sublette households with continual ordinance violations have been taken to court.
- The 109 W. Main Property Project is almost complete as the concrete has been poured, but dirt needs to be added around it and gravel needs to be hauled away.
- Morrison and Sterling, two neighboring communities, have been contacted as Sublette is looking to amend or change its storm water ordinance.
- The 2023-24 levy is due Dec. 19, 2023. The board approved the levy to be passed for $15,931 next year.
- The board approved two water meters, by Road House and the Sublette Farmers Elevator Co., to be purchased for $168.89 apiece, $329.78 total.
- Three matters were added to the agenda for 2023: Water service lines and curbs stops repair list, replace concrete at Ellice Dinges Center and Main Street, and sidewalk replacement plan.