SUBLETTE — The Village of Sublette is planning its annual clean-up day in May this year. The village board held its regular monthly meeting on March 8 at the Ellice Dinges Center.
In the past, the village clean-up day had been scheduled for April. Because of COVID, last year the clean-up day was in June. Sublette Acting Village President John Stenzel said this year the date will be in May, since the area experienced such a late winter.
Stenzel told the board he has some volunteers who are willing to help clean up trees around town. If anyone needs some help with tree clean-up, please let Stenzel know.
The village board approved a motion for a three-year contract on the village electric accounts. Stenzel reported that the new rates, valid until the day after the board meeting, were as follows:
- .04948 through Summer Energy for the two welcome sign accounts, the Ellice Dinges Center account, the water tower account and the water plant account. The current rate is .06159.
- .02685 through Constellation for the street light accounts. The current rate is .03029.
In other board news:
- Don Dinges reported he is still getting calls asking about the annual toy show. This year, the show will be a one-day tractor drive-thru on Sunday, March 21.
- The Sublette Fire Department is planning a recruitment open house.
- The village’s annual car show is still being planned for September and notices will be going out.
- The board agreed to not allow the booking of any rentals of village property right now. Board members expressed that maybe in the next couple of months that would change.
- Stenzel reminded the board of upcoming dates: Tuesday, April 6, Consolidated Election; Monday, April 12, next village board meeting; and Thursday, April 29, the year-end meeting when the newly-elected officials will be sworn into office.
The next Sublette Village Board meeting will be held at 7 p.m. on Monday, April 12 at the Ellice Dinges Center.